The solution has been designed and architected as follow:
- The data has been saved in different SharePoint Lists
- All the configurable parts of the system are also saved in different SharePoint Lists.
- We used the SharePoint security and permissions model as the first layer of data security, the second, more robust layer, was built around the application, where we implemented field-level security, data access logging …etc.
- We removed the direct access to the back end lists (except for certain users), and implemented a redirection to the ProjeX home pages.
- On top of those data sources, we have developed an entirely new user interface using Bootstrap, CSS, JS, JQuery.
The solution was built using mainly Microsoft technologies. Being a SharePoint solution, we used the following technologies:
- Power Automates
- Bootstrap, CSS3 & JS: For the front end
- Other JS frameworks.
The whole solution was built from scratch (without the data import) in 3 months, including the tests, demo, and user training.
This solution has been built for Rolls Royce.